Monday, November 19, 2012

Wedding to Now... Catch up!!

Wow.. It has been a while since I last posted. Our wedding was perfect! I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. We had some drama happen three days before the wedding... The steeple on Timanogos was covered in orange construction tarps. The whole East and North side was covered in construction stuff. We were so mad because the temple people didn't tell us this was going to happen. Apparently there were some water leaks in the windows. We called around the valley to see if there were any temples open. Most of the were closed for summer cleaning. We finally got a hold of the Bountiful Temple. After a few hours we talked it over and thought that we should stay at Timpanogos. Spencer's mission president Brother Blackburn was a sealer at Timp and thought that the sealing would mean more to us than the pictures would. We were right. I am so glad that we had Brother Blackburn perform our sealing. It was such an amazing feeling.

As we were sitting in the Celestial room, waiting for the sweet temple worker to come get us, I knew I was marrying the perfect person. I had this overwhelming sense of happiness and peace. When we walked into the sealing room, it was amazing to see all of our family and close friends there. I was surprised at how full the room was. It was the most perfect place in the whole world. I tear up every time I think about it! I knew that Heavenly Father was there with us.

After the sealing, we took pictures outside. It was SO hot... It was 104 degrees. We ended up taking pictures by the colorful flowers. Pictures turned out alright. It will be a story to tell our future children! After the pictures we went to our luncheon at Noah's. It was so much fun. Both our parents gave little speeches. My dad made me bawl though. It was so cute.
Between the luncheon and the reception, we hung out in the brides room. Groomsmen played pool. Bridesmaids hung out on the couch. I was having a horrible hair day so I decided to wash my hair in the sink and redo it. My cute cousin Jenny was like my sister. She helped me get ready to feel pretty. I am so thankful for her.

The reception went by SO fast... First we had a line for an hour. Honestly this went by too fast. I didn't get to say hello to half of the people that came. Then we had our first dance. It was to Then by Brad Paisley. It was so much fun. Then we had the daddy/daughter dance. We danced to I loved her first. My dad and I were both bawling by the end of the song. After that we had the cake cutting. I threatened Spence and told him that if he got any icing on my dress, I would KILL him. He didn't thankfully! :) The cake was delicious though. My grandpa's wife Pat did an AMAZING job at the cake and cupcakes! For the rest of the night we had line dancing. It was a blast. At our wedding we Cold Stone cater and we had a photo booth. People would take pictures, then sign our book. This was so much fun to go through and look at after!
Thank you to everyone that came and help make this day so amazing! :)

<iframe src="http://s153.beta.photobucket.com/user/R-DANCING18/story/13175/embed" width="600" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Now that it is NOVEMBER... I'll give you the run down of what has happened from the wedding up till now. We both have been working and going to school. I'm working full time at HealthEquity as the receptionist and in the people department (HR). I also go to school full time at UVU. Spence is working part time at Nuskin and going to school full time at BYU. We haven't really had a life the last few months. We have the craziest schedule. We don't see each other till 9 every night. I can't wait till we both graduate!!
For Halloween, Spence took me to the dance production called Thriller!! I absolutely loved it... Spencer didn't care for it! haha That night we got a call from one of our best friends Whitney informing us that she and Riley are engaged!! YAY another married friend! We are so excited for them! :) Finals are coming up for both of us, so we are studying our butts off! This next week we are going to Montana for Thanksgiving. Hopefully it isn't going to be too cold. We have to go cut wood. This will be my first time. What an adventure it will be. I don't know if I will be a very good Paul Bunyan!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment