Tuesday, January 29, 2013

School, School, School. Work, Work, Work....

I am feeling pretty negative today, so if you are reading this, I'm going to apologize in advance. This semester has been brutal on both of us. All we have time for is school, homework and work. We hardly have any free time. Even on the weekends it is like this. It has been a really stressful and grouchy feeling at our place lately. We can't wait for this semester to be over! My classes this year are just piling on the reading and the homework. I'm taking an online class as well just so I can keep my scholarship and it is the worst class I have ever taken! He gives us so much busy work, which I don't have time for. EVERY WEEK, we have to watch 2 one hour movies and write a review on them. Then we have to write a page about a prompt.. Then comment on five other students prompts. Then we have to do a weekly quiz. Then we have a mastery quiz. Every other week we have a test on those two chapters. Talk about busy work eh?

To make matters worse, we also got a calling to be Sunday School teachers for 15 year olds. Talk about tough crowd! It is like pulling teeth to get them to say anything. Preparing a lesson is hard as well because I hardly know what we are teaching. How am I supposed to teach when I don't know it myself? I am so thankful that Spence teaches with me. Or should I rephrase this, I am so grateful that Spence teaches the class including me. I have only been going to church for about five years now. I feel like my class knows more than I do. It can sometimes get really frustrating. I am so lucky to have such a good husband and teacher.

I am so grateful that I have such great people in my life to support me. I am so thankful for my husband. He helps me through the good and the bad. We are able to sit down and think through difficult situations together to decide which option or route to take. I am thankful for our growing relationship. Also, I am very thankful for my family. They really care about me and give me great advice. I am grateful for my life the way it is right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment